Portland Metro/Tigard Real Estate News

In this forum we will offer discussions on a wide variety of subjects, but focus on Portland Metro and real estate. Hopefully our insights and experiences will inform, educate, challenge and entertain our readers week after week.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

I Actually Like the Blazers Again!


Last night I took the family to a Portland Trail Blazer game. One of the advantages to having a professional sports team that is struggling in the wins department (and attendance) is their need to design creative ticketing packages in order to entice fans. I have to give credit to the Blazer marketing department for consistently introducing flexible and affordable ticketing packages this year. The package we bought was for 20 tickets that can be used for any of the remaining home games. The tickets are 50% off the regular price, and can be used to take 20 people to one game, one person to 20 games, or any other combination you desire. The package price was $199.00. Now granted we bought upper level tickets, but we happen to enjoy going to multiple games versus shelling out a ton for one game. Another package they have consists of two tickets for three games, two movie tickets, and a $20 gift certificate from McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurants, all for $90! They call it the Winter Survival Kit.

Ok, I can hear you asking "Is this an ad for the Trail Blazers?" No, but while I was chanting with the crowd last night "CHALUPA!" (everyone gets free Chalupas from Taco Bell whenever the Blazers score at least 100 pts) I thought about how much fun the family and I were having and how much I like this young Blazer team. Haven't said that about the Blazers in a very long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to see the team finally start to value character again. After watching some of the games this season I find myself thinking about going to a game for the first time in years.